Advanced Materials for Defense Summit
“Leveraging Advanced Materials and Processes to Strengthen America’s Defense”
July 18-19, 2017
Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, Virginia
DSI’s Advanced Materials Summit will focus on the efforts to develop and integrate technology-based options for advanced materials and manufacturing processes that drastically alter the affordability, survivability, lifecycle cost, and readiness capabilities to maintain current, and propel future U.S. Defensive capabilities.
Senior Level Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Lt Gen John B. Cooper, USAF, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
- MG David G. Bassett, USA, Program Executive Officer, Ground Combat Systems
- BG Anthony Potts, USA, Deputy Commanding General, RDECOM
- Dr. John G. (Jerry) McGinn, Acting DASD, Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy, OUSD AT&L
- Gregory Kilchenstein, Director, Enterprise Maintenance Technology, ODASD Maintenance Policy and Programs
- Michael Silver, CEO, American Elements
** 3D Printing of Strategic Materials within the Defense Industry Panel with:
- Dr. Mark Benedict, Senior Materials Engineer, Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. Robert Carter, Chief, Materials Manufacturing Technology Branch, Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, ARL
- LtCol Howard Marotto, USMC, Lead for Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing Development and Implementation, HQMC (Installations and Logistics)
- William C. Harris, Technical Fellow, Manufacturing Technology, America Makes
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The Advanced Materials Summit provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions.
Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus Here.
DSI’s Advanced Materials for Defense Summit will bring together personnel from DoD, Military Services, Federal Agencies, Academia, and Industry to detail the efforts to develop and integrate technology-based options for advanced materials and manufacturing processes for defensive application across the whole of Government.
The cost and complexity of the military landscape grows exponentially, forcing National Leadership to explore innovative technologies that provide a multitude of advanced capabilities at a reduced production cost. The utilization of advanced materials provides the DoD the opportunity to integrate cost-effective solutions that enhance sustainment and lifecycle management, readiness, and platform design capabilities to maintain and enhance U.S. Defense capabilities.
To achieve the full potential of these advanced materials, the DoD, Academia and Private Industry place great emphasis on researching and developing materials sciences and materials engineering capabilities. This will provide the U.S. Military the opportunity to integrate advanced capabilities throughout its enterprise, providing greater operational flexibility to the Warfighter and National Leadership.
Join us for this year’s Advanced Materials for Defense Summit as we discuss the various opportunities and challenges that the DoD faces as it develops and integrates advanced materials and manufacturing processes within the defense industrial enterprise.
Key Topics for July 2017 Summit
- Materials Processes for Increased Platform Survivability and Life Extension
- Increasing Affordability of Military Equipment through Adoption of Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Materials Development for Use in Extreme Environments
- Developing Civil Engineering Capabilities for Enhanced Force Protection and Sustainment
- Leveraging Advanced Materials to Meet the Size, Weight, and Power Needed Without Sacrificing Performance
- Integrating Materials Development Methodology Guided by Platform-Level Design Intent
- Developing 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing Capabilities for Enhanced Material Use
- Advancing ICME Capabilities for Accelerated Material Discovery and Development
- Developing Best Practices in the Management of Materials Data
At our Summit you will have the ability to:
– Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing the Materials and Manufacturing Processes Community.
– Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date Advanced Materials and Manufacturing initiatives and technologies.
– Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments to contribute to the discussion.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Advanced Materials for Defense Summit directly supports DoD/Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Participating Organizations at 2017 DSI Events
Aerojet Rocketdyne, LAI International, Adaptive 3D Technologies, Sparton, ADS Inc., 3D Material Technologies, LMI, Northrop Grumman Aerospace, Made In Space Inc., Siemens, Boeing, Battelle Memorial Institute, Stratasys, SAP, SLM Solutions Inc., Deloitte Consulting, NAWCAD, Department of Energy, NASA, NAVAIR, OPNAV, DLA, U.S. Army Manufacturing Technology, SPAWAR, NSWC, U.S. Army ARMDEC, Missile Defense Agency, Department of State, USAF Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, Leidos, BAE Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Honeywell, Cobham, and many more!
2017 SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS