Topics to be Covered at the 2018 Summit
- -Advancing innovative materials research for critical defense needs
- -Providing support to global logistics operations through enhanced manufacturing capabilities
- -Developing high performance structural materials for Warfighting capabilities
- -Developing materials and manufacturing sciences to ensure the development of affordable advanced materials
- - Integrating high reward strategic materials that provide higher levels of combat power
- - Ensuring material readiness and maintenance for major weapons systems
- - Guiding 3D printing processes to accelerate Army manufacturing processes
- - Integrating strategic materials onto soldier clothing and equipment to defeat and reduce threats of fragmentation and heat
- - Assessing the impact of foreign investments into acquisition materials in the US
- - Managing the utilization of Rare Earth Elements across the DoD
At our Summit you will have the ability to
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing our advanced materials community.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are encouraged to address our speaker faculty and each other with their questions, comments or ideas.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Summit directly supports DoD and Federal Government priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department's mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
- The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee of attendance)
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Participating Organizations at Last Year's Iteration Included:
- BAE Systems, Jeco Plastics, Jenoptik, Light Weight Innovations Institute, 3M Company, SAMPE, Carnegie Mellon University, American Elements, SMI, Inc., Alion Science and Technology, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Empire State Development, Defense Logistics Agency, Center for Joint & Strategic Logistics, Hexagon / NSIG, SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic, ORNL Advanced Manufacturing Office, US Army RDECOM, UTARI, Argonne National Laboratory, BN Nano, ASM International, HQ-USAF, OUSD AT&L, Army Research Laboratory-Power and Energy Division & Weapons and Materials Research Directorate, DARPA, PEO Ground Combat Systems, PEO Soldier, Missile Defense Agency, ARCIC, DTRA, ODASD – Maintenance Policy and Programs, MolyWorks Materials Corporation, Materials Science and Engineering Division-NIST, Materials and Manufacturing Directorate-AFRL, HQMC-Installations and Logistics, NASA, DoD Corrosion Policy and Oversight Office, ASD L&MR, Air Force Materiel Command, APT Corporation , Army Materiel Command, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, John Hopkins University, and many more!
Exhibit and Sponsorship Information